Sunday, October 4, 2009

Inspirational!





Today was a truly inspirational day! For the first time I took part in the Race for the Cure. I'm not sure why it has taken me this long to take part in such an incredible experience. This year my mom and my three sisters, as well as a good friend and I walked with my Grandma as "team Audrey". My grandma Audrey is a 34 year survivor of breast cancer. What a fitting tribute it was to walk with "team Audrey", and watch as so many were overcome with emotion as they contemplated the magnitude of that number. 34 years! I can not describe what it felt like to be surrounded by a sea of pink all united in one common cause. It was amazing to watch the survivors as we payed them tribute, and humbling to watch the loved ones of those who had lost their battle in this life. I was greatly touched by the spirit of hope that pervaded this event despite the many who must battle sadness over the loss of loved ones. I feel renewed and inspired to have hope in my life, no matter what circumstances I may encounter.

2 comments:

Mandi said...

Amen sister! It was amazing, and I was glad to do it with you!

Jacqui said...

That's really neat. I saw some coverage on tv and I couldn't believe how many people were there. Pretty amazing