Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Brayden


A few nights ago we were reading scriptures with the boys. We were reading in Mosiah, were Alma and his people escape from the armies of King Noah. When we were finished Chris asked the boys, "who helped Alma and his people to escape?" Brayden looked thoughtful for a moment and then replied with complete sincerity "Buzz Lightyear!" We had a good chuckle, and I was left wondering if anything we try to teach the boys is sinking in. This morning Brayden fell and hit his knee. It took him a while to get up. I looked over and he was kneeling with his eyes closed. When he got up he said "Mom, I had to say a prayer to get help with my knee. Jesus can help us with anything we need." Wow! Maybe it is sinking in! These are my favorite moments as a mother! I love to see my boys testimonies become their own! We love you Brayden!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

what a STUD!

Jacqui said...

That is precious. I love when Andy suggests that we 'say a prayer' to help us in tough situations--like splinters :)

Elizabeth said...

Nothing you do is in vain. I'm always surprised when my kids pull something out htat I had no idea that they were paying attention to. It's nice to know they are...

erinka said...

Maybe Alma's a little further removed than his knee.

Whitney said...

That is the cutest picture ever of him! I am so jealous of all those leaves too. We have ZERO leaves like that here! And what a tender little story - gotta LOVE those little moments.