Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Wonderful Weekend!






Well, yesterday was my 31st Birthday. I expected it to go by without much of a celebration, but because I have an incredible husband, it turned out to be a wonderful weekend away. Around noon on Friday I received an "e-card" from my hubby telling me to pack my bags, that we would be leaving at 4:oo. I was totally surprised, and of course called him and started asking probing questions. He had everything planned, and wasn't about to tell me what the plan was. We dropped the kids off (thank you mom and dad and mom and dad s), and we were on our way. We ended up at the beautiful Cheyenne Mountain Resort (thank you Josh!) for a relaxing evening together. I just about died when I realized that the BYU football team was staying there too! We had a lovely evening, a leisurely Saturday morning, and then we met my fam at the Airforce Academy for the Airforce/BYU football game. BYU won, of course! After the game we enjoyed dinner with my parents, inlaws, and my three beautiful children. It was a wonderful birthday! I was so grateful for the much needed get away with Chris, and equally as grateful that I was dying to see my kids by the time we got back. Thank you Honey! You are truly wonderful!

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Happy Happy Birthday! I'm glad that you were able to get away, that sounds dreamy-and what a thoughtful husband. It sounded like a great weekend! It doesn't hurt that BYU won as well right?

Whitney said...

Happy Birthday to you! What a sweet husband you have - I definitely think he is a keeper!! Good for you guys!

Jacqui said...

Lucky! That sounds like so much fun! I'm surprised we didn't see you at the game:)

erinka said...

You deserve a fun getaway! I know you would do the same for Chris, so bravo for him for making it happen! You looked so happy in those pictures. Erin

Mandi said...

Sounds like SO much fun. Chris...props. I am impressed. Make sure you rub a little of that off on Collin. We miss you guys and We're glad you had a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

kim said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great time!