Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter




We had a great weekend hunting for Easter eggs, dying Easter eggs, and eating lot's of candy. Unfortunately the most difficult task was not hiding or finding the eggs, it was trying to remember what we celebrate Easter for. On this sabbath day, as we put on our springy Sunday best and headed off to church, I tried to remember how truly blessed we are. I am so thankful for the sacrifice of our Savior Jesus Christ. I am grateful that he died for each one of us, and I find tremendous joy knowing that he lives again. How blessed we are to have the knowledge of a living Savior, and a plan that allows each of us to be resurrected one day. I only hope that I can remember his sacrifice everyday, and not only on these "special" days.

3 comments:

Mandi said...

What a fun weekend huh? The boys looked so handsome!

Jacqui said...

Those are such darling outfits. Thanks for the easter reminder. It IS easy to get the meaning lost in the candy and eggs.

Whitney said...

I swear, you have such a cute family! I wish our "boys" could play together now. Looks like you had a very fun Easter - ours was so busy as well! We miss you.