Sunday, February 15, 2009

MY BABY!


This week my "Baby" had surgery. Logan has had constant ear infections since he was only a few weeks old. On Wednesday he had tubes put in his ears. Although it was minor out patient surgery, as a mother it is always hard to see your baby in the hospital. Chris took the day off so we could take Logan together, but Jake got sick, so Chris had to stay home, and I took him on my own. Logan was great! The anesthesiologist was an hour late, so we spent two and a half hours in a tiny curtained in area. Logan couldn't eat or drink, so he was feeling a bit rough. Every time a nurse came in to check on us Logan would look up and ask "shake-shake?". Shake-shake is what he calls strawberry milk, and he drinks it within minutes of waking each morning. It was a stressful few hours, but we made it. We are hopeful that Logan will now be happier and healthier. I am so thankful he came through everything well.

5 comments:

Whitney said...

Poor little guy! That is terrible. I hope he starts feeling better and should make your life a little better as well, right?!

Tim & Angela Garfield said...

your kids are growing up way to fast!!! I miss you guys, we need to come visit. Tim wants to see a bronco's game, so one day...Hope you are all doing good, give your boys a sqeeze for me:) Love ya lots

Angela

Vanessa said...

Poor baby! It sucks when your little one is sooo sick and all you can do is sit there with them. I hope this will help him now. He is so cute! All your boys, by the way. I bet it's a fun household! :)

Chadlee said...

Glad you made it through. I hope he's feeling better!

Carrie said...

That little hospital band is just so sadly cute. It's so hard to see your little guy poked and hooked up to things. I'm glad the surgery went well and hopefully you'll be ear-infection free!