Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Madison




We lost our friend and dog Madison this past weekend. He was really Grammy and Grampie's dog, but my kids liked to think of him as their own. It was time for him to go, but it was still very sad. My boys had very tearful good byes. Jake had an especially hard time, as he is beginning to truly understand the finality of death. Although it was very sad, I am thankful for the teaching moment maddy's passing provided. We were able to talk about resurrection, and the plan that our Heavenly Father has for each of us. I am so thankful that when my children asked where we go after we die, I had an answer. I do know what will happen to us after this life, and I am so thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ that teaches us these things. I don't know how I would raise my children not knowing the plan that our Heavenly Father has for each of us.
We love you Madison!

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Oh, poor thing! I am so sorry!! Those things are always so sad (for pet lover's anyway <:!!) We had to put our pretty kitty down right after we moved back here...and it was terrible also. Consequently, we haven't adopted another pet!

Erika said...

That is rough. I bet Linda is sad. I admire your wisdom and grace in using the opportunity to teach and love your children. You are a great mom!

erinka said...

It is hard, but does that mean you don't open your heart to a pet, friend, brother or grandparent? I say thank heaven for the love we feel for each other - including pets - because it makes us more human and more godlike at the same time.