Monday, September 21, 2009

H1N1?!

I found out on Saturday morning that my little niece Lily was diagnosed with the H1N1 flu virus. Poor little thing was miserable! Lily was feeling fine on Friday, and attended a birthday party for Marlee. Unfortunately that means all of the cousins were exposed. We were crossing our fingers, and everyone seemed fine the rest of the weekend. Early this morning Brayden came and found me to tell me that Jake thought he had "the same flu as Lily", I was skeptical and yelled at Jake to come upstairs. He told me he couldn't, and when I got to him I could see why. Silent tears were rolling down his extremely hot cheeks, and his poor eyes made me want to cry. We took him to the doctor as soon as it opened, and sure enough he tested positive for H1N1. Poor miserable little baby! I feel so sad for him! We will hope the tamaflu can keep it under control so that he can endure it well and not have complications with his asthma. As for the rest of us, we are hoping for the impossible, that we all stay healthy!

2 comments:

Erika said...

Poor guy! I hope the rest of you guys can stay healthy!

Whitney said...

Oh my goodness. This is one of Matt's worst fears! (You remember how he is :) Hope he gets better soon!