Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Yummy Summer!





One of my favorite activities of the summer is planting a garden. It is so much fun to watch our vegetables grow, and finally become ready to eat. Somehow vegetables from the garden always taste 100 times better than the ones you buy at the store. My favorite thing to grow is tomatoes. This year we grew 7 varieties, among which was a new favorite, black cherry tomatoes. Yummy! We loved our yellow pear tomatoes, and our orange tomatoes, we even loved our good old romas, but nothing seemed to compare to the sweetness of those yummy black cherries! I love a yummy summer!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

I am so jealous!! I too love tomatoes and those look very yummy!!!

I attempted to grow cherry tomatoes on our back patio and found out that our pesky little rock squirrels were eating them!! I could never understand how the green ones were never turning red for the longest time. Turns out they were always new green ones. I finally gave it up. The dang squirrels won :)

Carrie said...

You and your tomatoes. I remember stealthily sneaking any tomatoes I might have onto your plate at dinner appointments. I actually craved them when I was pregnant with Luke & now I love them, who knew?